You may not immediately think of your diet as being a primary concern when it comes to your ability to remember things, but you’d be surprised at how much of a difference a proper diet can make when it comes to getting your brain to function at its best. Here is a simple list of things that you can keep in mind regarding food in order to keep your brain sharp and energized!
• Lessen your salt intake.
• Instead of eating foods and bread items made with white flour (which is processed), try replacing them with more complex grains such as whole wheats and whole grains.
• Drink milk and eat cheese with lower fat content.
• Eat less red meat, such as steak, and eat more fruits and vegetables.
• Try to stay away from fatty foods, such as egg yolks and butter.
• Drink a lot of water—it is good for you and can flush out any toxins from your system, as well!
• Make sure you have some source of protein at every meal during the day.
• Go for complex carbs instead of simple carbs. This means instead of simple carbs like candy, white flour products, soda, and chocolates, go with a complex carb like those found in vegetables, rice, oat bran, and fruits.
• Eat a good breakfast—your mother didn’t tell you to do that for fun, she really meant it! It’s a great way to jump start your day and keep your brain in check all day long!