Trying to improve your memory but don’t know where to start?
Treating your body well can enhance your ability to process and recall information. Improving memory is not only a mental process. HealthGuide.org lists these habits as beneficial to memory:
* Increases oxygen to your brain.
* Reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
* May enhance the effects of helpful brain chemicals and protect brain cells.
* Cortisol, the stress hormone, can damage the hippocampus if the stress is unrelieved.
* Stress makes it difficult to concentrate.
Good sleep habits
* Sleep is necessary for memory consolidation.
* Sleep disorders like insomnia and sleep apnea leave you tired and unable to concentrate during the day.
* Smoking heightens the risk of vascular disorders that can cause stroke and constrict arteries that deliver oxygen to the brain.
* Remember that the food you eat contains chemicals that not only go to your stomach, but also to your brain. That is why it is important to eat a healthy diet consisting of all the food groups. Just remember: everything in moderation!